Call for Papers
for a Conference to take place
March 11 & 12, 2011 in Calgary, Alberta
The CACW invites scholars and graduate students to submit abstracts on the topic of lower classes in the ancient Greek and Roman world. Topics may include but are not limited to:
- workers in art, literature, and history
- disenfranchised or marginal individuals and groups
- opportunity for social mobility
- social or political consciousness of lower class individuals
- recreation and leisure amongst the lower classes
There will be a special session on ancient medicine and its workers.
Abstracts on other topics in Greek and Roman Studies will be considered if space permits. Papers shall be no longer than 20 minutes.
Please send your title and abstract (max. 300 words) and short CV indicating your degrees, position and recent publications (max. 20 lines)
Deadline for abstract submission: September 20th, 2010
Contact: Dr. Reyes Bertolín, Department of Greek and Roman Studies
The University of Calgary (firstname.lastname@example.org - 403 220 7868)